Winter Fair on Saturday 7th December, 1-4 pm
The Winter Fair is the PTA’s biggest money making event as well as being one of our children’s favourites. It also has the best Santa’s Grotto in town without a doubt! It is a massive endeavour and requires a lot of time to organise. If you could volunteer get in touch with your class rep or Katherine on 07950401747.
Winter Fair Donations Needed
We need your help with the following:
Filled jam jars for the jam jar tombola. Please fill and decorate jam jars with small toys, sweets, stickers etc. You could do themed jars – dinosaurs, sweets, craft materials, lego, marbles or just mixed up lucky dip-type jars. You can decorate the jars or you can just leave them plain. Please ensure jars are clean and have lids & that the things inside are not broken & not sharp. There are examples of jars in the school office, if you want to see some we made earlier…
Wine for the Water to Wine Stall. We need wine bottles with or without wine in for this stall!
Teddies for Teddy Tombola. Time for a teddy clearout? Please bring them along!
Bric a Brac: toys, games, dvds, household items. Nothing broken, dirty or incomplete please!
Books: Kids’ & adults’ books for the book stall.
PLEASE BRING ANY DONATIONS TO THE SCHOOL OFFICE.
(Via our the PTA’s Facebook page, please note this is run by parents and the school is not responsible for content on third party websites)
The PTA continues to organise events for our children and parents and carers so we can all enjoy while raising much needed funds for school. This year we have a new Secretary, Becky Penfold, and new Volunteer Co-ordinator, Katherine Yeoman joining Laura Haynes, Vikki Gimson and Bego Escorihuela in the committee.
AMAZING prizes in the winter raffle
Tickets for the Elm Grove Primary School winter raffle are now available and we’d like to say a huge thank you to the local businesses who’ve donated such generous prizes.
Here’s what you could win:
Top cash prize
- £100, donated by Wheelers Estate Agents
Food and drink
- Champagne afternoon tea for two at Malmaison Brighton
- £35 voucher for Pinocchio or Donatello Italian restaurants
- A bottle of champagne
- £20 voucher for Infinity Foods
- Prosecco, chocolates and biscuits donated by Hanover Homes
- £35 voucher for a made-to-order cake from Cloud 9 Brighton
- A bottle of red wine donated by Butler’s Wine Cellar
- Brunch, fresh orange juice and coffee for two at Village
- Delicious mezze platter for two at Elm Grove Café
- A gift set of Yogi Teas from Hilly Laine
- £150 voucher to spend on beautiful cushions, fabrics and trays at imogenheath.com
- 2 x £50 vouchers for Rest Massage and Beauty
- One-hour sports massage with Jojo BoxFit
- Sauna and salt scrub for two at Beach Box Brighton
- One-hour massage from Paul Grosse Therapies
Adventure, fun and creativity
- One of five family weekend passes for Virgin Active Brighton, valid throughout December (2 adults and 2 kids)
- Voucher for Branching Out Adventures (2 adults and 2 kids on the High Ropes or Low Ropes course)
- A chance to create your own T-shirt design with Underdog Prints
- 2 x £20 vouchers for Immotion Virtual Reality, Churchill Square
- Four tickets to Peter Pan at Hilton Brighton Metropole (27th December)
- A dual ride on Brighton Zip (age, weight and height restrictions apply)
- Two children’s tickets to Drusilla’s Park
- Two all-day unlimited rides wristbands at Brighton Palace Pier
- Three free classes with Helen O’Grady Drama Academy
- Two tickets for a Krater Comedy Club at Komedia
- Two tickets for Depot cinema, Lewes
- Voucher to bring a friend and paint a mug at the Painting Pottery Cafe
Toys and games
- £15 voucher for The Entertainer
- A game, construction kit and books from Whirligig Toys
- A fabulous filled Star Wars rucksack
- Box of assorted Lego, donated by the Lego Store
Remember to hand in your completed ticket stubs to the school office, with payment, by Friday 6th December. Then bring your tickets to the Elm Grove winter fair on Saturday 7th December and cross your fingers! The draw will take place at 3.30pm.
All proceeds go to the Elm Grove Primary School PTA playground fund.
WINTER FAIR – COLOUR RAFFLE
The COLOUR RAFFLE is one of the two brilliant raffles we run for the school Winter Fair. Just bring in an item the same colour as your Year Group’s box.
Red wine, white golf balls, gold chocolate coins, green clothes pegs, pink hair bobbles etc.! Perennial favourites are always green Matchmakers, red Maltesers, loads of purple Cadbury’s…
It doesn’t have to be 100% the right colour; a bottle of white wine with a purple label is perfectly acceptable!
The amazing boxes are then displayed during the Winter Fair and raffled off.
The colours for this year will be as follows:
Year 1: Pink
Year 2: Purple
Year 3: Red
Year 4: Green
Year 5: Blue
Year 6: Silver or Gold
Boxes are now in classrooms and we look forward to seeing all the wonderful things you bring in.
Ways to help fundraise for the school
Through Charitable Giving
Did you know that the PTA is a registered charity?
Individuals, sole-traders and partners who make a donation to charity can claim tax relief. Limited companies who make a donation can reduce the amount of corporation tax they pay by the same amount. Full details of these schemes can be found on the HMRC website at www.gov.uk.
If you’re thinking of taking advantage of one of these schemes why not think of us? The money we raise is donated to the school for projects large and small that will benefit our children.
Charity number: 1144560
Donate for free via easyfundraising.co.uk when you shop
Do you shop online? Do it through easyfundraising.org.uk and raise a free donation for Elm Grove Primary School, Brighton every time you shop!
Or download a reminder toolbar that does all the work for you
Do you have a suggestion for the PTA?
Whether it’s a suggestion to make our events better, an idea for a new event or fundraising opportunity we would love to hear from you. And if you’d like to be more involved in the PTA we’d love to hear from you too! Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you (or grab one of us at the school gates!)