We would like to say hello and welcome back to current and new parents.
The PTA has had a little change around this year and has a new chairman Bego Escorihuela and Volunteer Co-ordinator Helen Pravda. Below are our posters showing the committee members and class reps.
(Via our the PTA’s Facebook page, please note this is run by parents and the school is not responsible for content on third party websites)
Summer Fair – Saturday 15th June, 12-3pm
Scroll down to sign up for a volunteer slot and for the list of amazing raffle prizes.
Come and join us for the last big event of the 2018/2019 school year. There will be a bouncy castle, BBQ, cake stalls, henna tattoos, face painting, sellers’ tables, games, mocktails, a book stall, music and a mega raffle.
We will soon be putting out requests for donations, keep watching this space.
In the meantime, please do get involved by signing up for one of the many volunteer roles – we can’t make the day happen without you.
Win AMAZING prizes in the summer raffle
Tickets will be available at the fair and in the top playground after school from Monday 10th to Friday 14th June. Get your tickets and you could win:
- £100 voucher for coolstays.com
- A night for four people at Abada Luxury Yurt Retreat
- £100 cash, donated by Hanover Homes (a merger of Barrie Alderton and Wilkinsons estate agents)
- Dinner for two with wine at Malmaison Brighton
- Sauna and salt scrub for two at Beach Box Spa Brighton
- Four tickets (2 x adults, 2 x kids) to Tribal Earth Summer Festival
- A bottle of wine from Butler’s Wine Cellar
- ‘Endless London’ and ‘Pylos’ games from Whirligig Toys
- A bottle of organic Greek olive oil from Hilly Laine
- Sunday roast for four and a bottle of wine at The Hartington
- £30 voucher for Pinocchio or Donatello Italian restaurants
- One-hour sports massage with JoJo Box Fit Brighton
- Themed party for up to four children with Canvas and Stars Indoor Glamping Parties
- 45-minute shoot and 3 professionally edited images with Ted and Ginger Photography
- 4 tickets (2 x adult, 2 x kids) for the Depot Cinema, Lewes
- Brunch for two, coffee and fresh orange juice at Village, Islingword Road
- £35 voucher for Cloud 9 cakes
- Two children’s tickets to Drusilla’s Park
- Two tickets for Krater Comedy Club at Komedia
- A voucher to bring a friend and each paint a mug at the Painting Pottery Cafe
- Three free weeks at the Helen O’Grady Drama Academy
- A pair of Bowers and Wilkins headphones donated by Seven Integration
- A signed copy of Dead at First Sight by local author Peter James
- A gift set of hot sauces from around the world
Thank you to all the wonderful local businesses, including Elm Grove parents, who have donated prizes.
Tickets cost £1 each. The draw will take place at 2.30pm on Saturday 15thJune at the Elm Grove Summer Fair. All proceeds go to the Elm Grove PTA playground fund.
PTA AGM Meeting – Thursday 11th July 2019
Want to get an insight into how the PTA works and what we have done this year. Come along and join us. There will be vacancies this year, you might be tempted to join and help us out.
We hope to see a lot of you at these events and there is always something you can help with. Should you want to join us and help, please send us an email!
Ways to help fundraise for the school
Through Charitable Giving
Did you know that the PTA is a registered charity?
Individuals, sole-traders and partners who make a donation to charity can claim tax relief. Limited companies who make a donation can reduce the amount of corporation tax they pay by the same amount. Full details of these schemes can be found on the HMRC website at www.gov.uk.
If you’re thinking of taking advantage of one of these schemes why not think of us? The money we raise is donated to the school for projects large and small that will benefit our children.
Charity number: 1144560
Donate for free via easyfundraising.co.uk when you shop
Do you shop online? Do it through easyfundraising.org.uk and raise a free donation for Elm Grove Primary School, Brighton every time you shop!
Or download a reminder toolbar that does all the work for you
Do you have a suggestion for the PTA?
Whether it’s a suggestion to make our events better, an idea for a new event or fundraising opportunity we would love to hear from you. And if you’d like to be more involved in the PTA we’d love to hear from you too! Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you (or grab one of us at the school gates!)