We would like to say hello and welcome back to current and new parents.
The PTA has had a little change around this year and has a new chairman Bego Escorihuela and Volunteer Co-ordinator Helen Pravda. Below are our posters showing the committee members and class reps.
(Via our the PTA’s Facebook page, please note this is run by parents and the school is not responsible for content on third party websites)
We hope to see a lot of you at these events and there is always something you can help with. Should you want to join us and help, please send us an email!
Saturday 8th December 2018, 1.00pm-4.00pm
This is one of the PTA’s largest events, and our biggest fundraiser. There will be lots of stalls, games, VR headsets, henna tattoos and one of the best Santa’s Grottos in Brighton! You can read more on our facebook event page.
We do need more donations of bric-a-brac, books, jam jars (filled with sweets, toys, stickers etc) and empty screw-top wine bottles (with the lid). Please leave any donations in the school office.
If you can help make the fair happen by giving an hour of your time, we particularly need volunteers in the following areas:
Thank you for your help!
AMAZING prizes in the winter raffle
Tickets for the Elm Grove Primary School winter raffle are now available and we’d like to say a huge thank you to the local businesses who’ve donated such generous prizes.
Here’s what you could win:
- A night at Abada Luxury Yurt Retreat
- £100 cash, donated by Barrie Alderton Estate Agents
- Champagne afternoon tea for two at Hotel Du Vin
- £100 voucher for a gourmet hamper of local produce from Barneys Deli
- Champagne afternoon tea for two at Malmaison, Brighton
- Two all-day unlimited rides wristbands for Brighton Palace Pier
- £30 voucher for Fourth and Church Wine Bar
- Family ticket for Peter Pan at the Attenborough Centre
- Sunday lunch for two, with a bottle of wine, at The Hartington
- Signed photo of Strictly Come Dancing stars Stacey Dooley and Kevin Clifton
- Two children’s tickets to Drusilla’s Park
- Three free lessons with Helen O’Grady Drama Academy
- Personalised cake from Cloud 9 Brighton (up to the value of £35)
- Brunch and coffee for two at Village
- Two tickets for Krater Comedy Club (Thurs or Sun) at Komedia
- Diabolo starter kit donated by Oddballs Brighton
- £30 voucher for Pinocchio or Donnatello Italian restaurants
- ‘Bring a friend and paint a mug’ voucher for The Painting Pottery Cafe
- Two bottles of wine donated by Butler’s Wine Cellar
- Hula hoop, donated by Pelotas toy and circus shop
- Selection of yogi teas, donated by Hilly Laine
- £10 voucher for The Entertainer
- ‘Shaperise’ game and ‘Hat-tastic’ craft set from Whirligig Toys
- Set of beads and craft goodies, donated by Festival Faces
- Christmas candle holder from InHouse Space
- Set of eco soy wax candles by Laughing Bird Body Care (worth £40)
- Beautiful ceramic drawers from Paper High Fairtrade Handmade Gifts
- £15 voucher for The Mighty Seed cafe, Islingword Road
- Voucher for a 50 over or Championship game in 2019 at Sussex County Cricket
- Gift set from The Treatment Rooms
- Voucher for ear piercing with gold-plated studs at Brighton Ear Piercing Centre
Remember to hand in your completed ticket stubs to the school office, with payment, by Thursday 6thDecember. Then bring your tickets to the Elm Grove winter fair on Saturday 8thDecember and cross your fingers! The draw will take place at 3.30pm.
All proceeds go to the Elm Grove Primary School PTA playground fund.
Ways to help fundraise for the school
Through Charitable Giving
Did you know that the PTA is a registered charity?
Individuals, sole-traders and partners who make a donation to charity can claim tax relief. Limited companies who make a donation can reduce the amount of corporation tax they pay by the same amount. Full details of these schemes can be found on the HMRC website at www.gov.uk.
If you’re thinking of taking advantage of one of these schemes why not think of us? The money we raise is donated to the school for projects large and small that will benefit our children.
Charity number: 1144560
Donate for free via easyfundraising.co.uk when you shop
Do you shop online? Do it through easyfundraising.org.uk and raise a free donation for Elm Grove Primary School, Brighton every time you shop!
Or download a reminder toolbar that does all the work for you
Do you have a suggestion for the PTA?
Whether it’s a suggestion to make our events better, an idea for a new event or fundraising opportunity we would love to hear from you. And if you’d like to be more involved in the PTA we’d love to hear from you too! Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you (or grab one of us at the school gates!)